2019-20 Academic Calendar
Due to the directive from Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, and in the interest of the safety of our students, faculty, and staff, R-MA's campus is currently closed. The remainder of the school year will be taught via online classes. Office personnel are available via email.
Virginia is currently under a "Stay at Home" order through June 10, 2020. As relative information becomes available for graduation and summer programs, it will be posted here and on other sections of our website.
2020-2021 Academic Calendar
The calendar below provides the primary/important dates for the 2020-2021 school year. Updates will be added as they become available, and will also be visible to registered families at rma.myschoolapp.com.
*Football Camp and Cadre Camp report dates are expected to be announced before Spring Break.
- Wednesday, 8/12: New Faculty Report Date
- Thursday, 8/13: Returning Faculty Report Date
- Thursday, 8/13: Middle School Student Life Supervisor’s Report Date
- Tuesday, 8/18: New Upper School Cadet Registration: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Tuesday, 8/18: Upper School International Cadet Registration: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, 8/19: Middle School Student Registration: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Wednesday, 8/19: Returning Upper School Student Registration: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, 8/20: Mentoring/30 Minute classes/Afternoon Orientation (Required for All Upper School Cadets & Middle School Students)
- Friday, 8/21: Morning Assembly followed by a full class day (Required Cadets & Faculty)
- Saturday, 8/22 & Sunday, 8/23: Closed Weekend for ALL (Boarding and Day) Cadets
- Monday, 8/24: First Chapel service followed by full class day (Required Cadets & Faculty)
- Saturday, 8/29 & Sunday, 8/30: Closed Weekend for ALL (Boarding and Day) Cadets
- Monday, 9/7: Labor Day Holiday - No classes
- Tuesday, 9/8: Classes Resume
- Saturday, 10/3: Anticipated SAT test @ R-MA
- Wednesday, 10/14: PSAT Test Day/Senior College App Day
- Friday, 10/16: End of 1st Quarter
- Friday, 10/16 - Saturday, 10/17: Homecoming Weekend
- Monday, 10/19: 1st Quarter grades due to the Academic Office by 8:00 am
- Saturday, 10/24: Anticipated ACT Testing at R-MA
- Sunday, 10/25 - Tuesday, 10/27: VAIS Accreditation Visit
- Friday, 11/20 @ end of class day - Monday, 11/30 @ 6:30 pm: Thanksgiving Break. Please note that Cadets may not depart for the break until the end of the class day on 11/20 and all Boarding Cadets must sign back in by 6:30 pm on 11/30. No approval of early departures or late returns will be granted.
- Monday, 11/30: Employee In-Service
- Tuesday, 12/1: Classes Resume
- Monday, 12/14 – Friday, 12/18: 1st Semester Finals Week
- Friday, 12/18 @ 11:00 am through Sun, 1/3 @ 6:30 pm: Christmas Break. Please note that Cadets may not depart for the break until 11:00 am on Friday, 12/18 and all Boarding Cadets must sign back in by 6:30 pm on 1/3. No approval of early departures or late returns will be granted.
- Sunday, 1/3: Christmas Break ends at 6:30 pm. All Boarding Cadets must be signed back into the dorm.
- Monday, 1/4: J-Term begins and runs through Friday, 1/22
- Monday, 1/25: No Classes and 2nd Semester Student Registration for New Cadets and Students
Students interested in applying for second semester should contact the Admission Office at email@example.com or 540-636-5484.
- Tuesday, 1/26: 2nd Semester Classes begin
- Friday, 2/26 & Monday, 3/1: Mid-Winter Break - No classes on Friday, 2/26 & Monday, 3/1
- Saturday, 3/13: Anticipated SAT Testing at R-MA
- Friday, 3/26: 3rd Quarter Ends
- Friday, 3/26 @ end of classes through Monday, 4/5 @ 6:30 pm: Spring Break. Please note that Cadets may not depart for the break until the end of the class day on 3/26 and all Boarding Cadets must sign back in by 6:30 pm on 4/5. No approval of early departures or late returns will be granted.
- Tuesday, 4/6: Classes Resume
- Monday, 5/3 - Friday, 5/7: Week 1 of AP Testing
- Monday, 5/10- Friday, 5/14: Week 2 of AP Testing
- Monday, 5/24 - Friday, 5/27: Class of 2021 Finals Week
- Friday, 5/28: Class of 2021 Day (Baccalaureate, Luncheon, Final Parade)
- Saturday, 5/29: Class of 2021 Graduation
- Monday, 5/31 - Thursday, 6/3: Underclassmen Finals Week
- Thursday, 6/3: Underclassmen Final Day (Checkout begins at 11:00 am) and Middle School Awards Ceremony/8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
- Friday, 6/4: Faculty/Employee Out-Service & Grades are due before departure